IS Justice Worth It?
Yes. You never stop fighting for your own.
Throughout this process of adoption and transition in our lives, God has been challenging my thinking and understanding about everything! It is like a reshaping and reforming, hopefully, to be more like Him....more patient, more loving, more compassionate, more PRESENT. My whole view of family has changed and in the process, my heart has changed. He makes all things new, and sometimes, He means everything. My FAMILY too.
The cry of my heart has become stronger in these present weeks to defend the cause of orphans and widows. To seek JUSTICE for those who have been oppressed. To reach out, both HERE and internationally, not only with humanitarian aid, but also with the love of Christ, with the message of the Gospel so that they may know Him too. For knowing Him, brings hope, and hope is a powerful medicine and motivator to LIVE! This HOPE has been a lifeline for me this past year as we have walked through this process of adoption and other changes life has brought. Without Him, I don't know how I would have made it. But this Hope we have inside, this living breathing Holy Spirit, who comforts and moves on my behalf, has made all the difference. I am FREE! And soooo ready to move forward and a difference! Ready for 2 little boys and giggles and pillow fights and macaroni and cheese and muddy feet. yes! and in the midst...fight for Justice!
Over the past few weeks, I have been privileged to become involved in a small way with a great organization called Heart Cry. Heart Cry is a far reaching non profit that helps orphans and widows around the world. They have feeding programs, orphanages, and programs to teach widows business trades to earn income for their families and to try to keep families together. And through it all they bring the Hope of Christ through Bible studies and more. I have been privileged to help set up an etsy store on behalf of the widows and orphans. All the items in this shop are fair trade---handmade in Uganda by the widows themselves and the profits go directly back to them. Make sure you check it out and support their cause! It's authentic and legit! (NONE of it goes to our adoption. It is just a great organization that fights for justice!)
So what's happening in our own adoption? Lots!
- My Adopting Nations store has been doing well, and since the beginning of 2013, I have deposited $2,500 from my store! (it is not all online and not all profit....I just dont reimburse myself for my materials, but this is AWESOME!!)
- We received a call from our case worker and previously there were some delays that have been announced in the embassy and visa process, but the good news is that it doesnt seem as bad as what people thought, and we will know more about how it affects us personally next week. She seemed very positive.
- LOCAL FRIENDS! Jeremy and I have been asked to come and share our adoption journey at the Central Michigan Free Methodist Church on Sunday March 10 at 10:45 am. We're in charge of the whole service! We are thrilled to share our hearts with everyone! Want to hear about the journey and see the pics of the boys??? ALL are welcome!
How YOU can help!
- PRAY! Pray for our two boys! Pray they are safe, eating well, healthy, and loved. Pray for the process to go QUICKLY! Let's get them home! We are waiting on court dates for the boys and should hear next week maybe on that! And Pray for US to have the patience to wait this out for God's perfect timing!
- Help in our Fundraising adventures! We need to raise about $10,000 for our next payment due at the court hearing. Some Cool things happening that YOU can help with:
- Shop and Spread the word about MY etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AdoptingNations
- Give! Check out the paypal link on the side!
- Local Peeps---Come to a benefit concert on April 27th being held in our honor at Potters House. Several Christian artists will be there, including Shaun Groves! More info to come!
- Be a part of an ONLINE AUCTION on my FB page for Adopting Nations! I have been BUSY BUSY BUSY making specialty items for my shop for this auction. Super secret super awesome items, never before seen. I want to keep them all, just so you know, they are so cool. This will be coming at the end of March! Keep watch on my fb page! https://www.facebook.com/AdoptingNations
- Give1Save1---we are applying to be on this website. Check it out. It's totally cool. Pray that we can get featured.
- Finally BUY on AMAZON through our link! You can click on it below or on the side and a small bit of the sale goes to us! So buy your normal items, but first click on the link!
We love you all!!!!!!!! Thrilled to be used by God to fight for Justice!